12/24/2015

White Chocolate Christmas Parfait

We don't like Christmas pudding, so I try and find a new Christmas dessert recipe every year.
This is the 2015 one. It's supposed to feed 8, but I think we'll just about get a decent slice each for 5 of us and maybe a bit over for seconds. I've made it in advance and frozen it.
The recipe comes from a pullout from Woman's Weekly.

100g white chocolate broken up into pieces
250ml ready made vanilla custard
3 tbspns Baileys liqueur
142ml pot double cream
2 tbspns grated dark chocolate
a few raspberries

small loaf tin lined with cling film

Melt the chocolate and stir in the custard.
Leave to cool then stir in the Baileys.
Whip the cream then add it to the mixture.
Spoon it into the lined loaf tin and freeze overnight.
When it's solid, cover and wrap and label it.
Take it out and put it in the fridge 20 mins before you want to use it.


Put onto a plate, sprinkle the top with grated dark chocolate and decorate with a few raspberries.




Will let you know after Christmas how it tasted.

 Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Suelle said...

It sounds perfect for Christmas - rich but not too heavy.

I know Christmas will be difficult for you this year, but I hope you enjoy the time spent with the rest of your family.

Phil in the Kitchen said...

I must admit that I spent many, many years making variations of Christmas pud for friends and family but, although some of them were pretty good (even if I say so myself), I really can't be bothered any longer. I much prefer something like this parfait. I hope it went down very well because it looks and sounds very fine. (I made a chestnut and chocolate parfait this year, in fact). Wishing you all the best for the new year.