Belgian cake

Having a good sort out in the food cupboard this morning, I found a jar of mincemeat leftover from Christmas.
I remembered having a recipe somewhere which uses it in a cake. It's an old recipe, originally cut out from a magazine, but I've tweaked it several times.

100g butter or margarine
75g dark brown sugar
150g wholemeal flour
1 tspn cinnamon
2 eggs
225g mincemeat
1 tbspn water

Preheat oven 170C/gas 3 and grease and base-line a 20cm square cake tin.

Beat the fat and sugar together till creamy, then beat in the eggs, one at a time. Fold in the flour and cinnamon then the mincemeat and water.
Spoon into the tin and bake for about 30 mins till golden.
It's got a nice light texture.



I don't know why it's called 'Belgian cake'!

Comments

Good idea for leftover mincemeat Snowy!
Lovely to get a reminder of Christmas at this time of year.

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Coconut Slices

My favourite Plum Tart

Aberffraw cakes