Coffee Cheesecake

I wanted to make something that wasn't a cake, so decided on a cheesecake. I love baked and non-baked ones, but this is my favourite recipe. We all love coffee, so this would be the flavour. To give it a good coffee flavour I used Nestle's Azera Espresso granules. When I've made it for an occasion I have added a little whisky, but this isn't necessary for an everyday cheesecake.


40g soft butter
200g digestive biscuits
700g Philadelphia cream cheese
20 g cocoa powder
6g instant coffee dissolved in 2 tbspn warm water
4 eggs
175g caster sugar

For the sauce:
50g dark chocolate
35g water 
1 tsbspn whisky[opt]



Preheat oven 150C/gas2                       20cm base lined cake tin

Crush the digestives into crumbs. In a bowl mix them with the soft butter and cocoa then put the mixture into the base of the cake tin, pressing it down with the back of a spoon.
Put into the fridge.
In another bowl mix the cream cheese, caster sugar and coffee. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well. Pour this over the biscuit base
Bake for 40 mins then leave to cool in the tin.
Put in the fridge for 12 hours.
Make the sauce by melting the chocolate with the water and whisky [if using] to make a smooth, glossy sauce.
Serve the sauce with the cheesecake.



I had a tube of Carnation caramel to finish, so I added a little of this to the chocolate topping. The cheesecake has a good coffee flavour and a smooth texture. I liked the contrast of the chocolate in the biscuits, and the toppings gave it a decadent feel.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Coconut Slices

Aberffraw cakes

My favourite Plum Tart