Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cup Cakes

 I’m still alive! No excuses really, just life, even at 80, is hectic!

I’m not usually a fan of cupcakes as I find the topping rather too much. I did enjoy these when my friend brought some recently. I love peanuts, peanut butter, well anything with peanuts, and peanuts with chocolate - heavenly! They’re very easy to make as it’s just a chocolate sponge mixture, and the fun’s in the topping.

Preheat oven 190C/gas 5

12 hole bun tin with 12 paper cases

125g softened butter, 125g caster sugar, 2 eggs, 2 tbsps milk, 100g st flour and 3 level tbspn cocoa.

Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add the eggs and milk, then the flour and cocoa.Beat together till smooth.

Divide batter between the 12 cases and bake for 12-15 mins. Leave to cool on a wire rack.

Make the topping: 200g cream cheese, 60 g soft butter, 125 g soft or crunchy peanut butter, 125g icing sugar (sieved), packet of chocolate peanuts

Beat the cream cheese then add the butter and peanut butter till smooth. Gradually beat in the sieved icing sugar in light the mixture is light and fluffy.

Spread some topping over each cake and top this with some chocolate peanuts.



The topping is very rich, but a delicious treat. I love the cake cases! I used smooth peanut butter, but use crunchy if you’d prefer.



Comments

The fun of a cupcake is definitely in the toppings, bu they can be so excessively large and sweet that they put me off. Now, adding the peanuts sounds like a great variation. And I couldn't resist a cake topped with chocolate peanuts. Now that is fun.

Popular posts from this blog

Aberffraw cakes

Lemon Coconut Slices

Carrot Cupcakes with a maple cream cheese topping