Rhubarb and Yoghurt Cake

I love rhubarb, but sadly can't seem to find any in my local supermarkets. However, I did find some this weekend at a local market. This cake is so easy to make, and it's a change from the usual rhubarb crumble or tart.

150g rhubarb, 70g Greek yoghurt, 60g ground almonds, 190g sr flour, 2 eggs, 130g margarine or butter and 130g caster sugar.

Preheat oven 180C/gas4           Grease and line a 20cm cake tin

Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz till smooth.
Wash and chop the rhubarb into chunks, then add to the batter with a spatula.
Bake for 35-40 mins till golden and firm.


A simple cake with a soft, moist texture. Good contrast between the cake and the tart rhubarb. It makes a good dessert too with some cream or vanilla ice cream.

Comments

There does seem to be less rhubarb around this year - maybe it's the odd weather - but I'm always on the lookout for new ways of using it and I do really like the idea of a simple cake like this as a dessert. When you said blitz all the ingredients I thought you might mean the rhubarb as well and I couldn't see that working but I've read the recipe again and see the error of my ways.
Jean said…
This is my kind of cake recipe, no fuss, all in the food processor and it's almost done.
I bet it would work with apricots too, which I have in the fridge, but no rhubarb. My rhubarb plant has given up the ghost and there is none in the shops here in France. If I drop hints I could probably go and pick some from my friend's garden where the soil is a lot better than ours, although I suspect she's already made it all into jam by now.
Snowy, looks wonderful! I made a rhubarb cake about a month ago, was thinking about making it again but couldn't find any rhubarb this week! Next year I'll have to be more diligent in my shopping.

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Coconut Slices

My favourite Plum Tart

Galette des Rois with Chocolate and Hazelnuts