Tuna and Pepper Loaf

I've been inspired by Suelle on her blog Mainly Baking to make something savoury to go with a salad. I decided on a savoury loaf, and as I was going away to my daughter, decided to use up the peppers in the fridge. Thought tuna would go well with them.

I used: 150g flour, 3 eggs, 1/2 green and 1/2 red pepper, tin tuna [used one in water and drained liquid off] 1 tspn baking powder, pinch salt, 70g grated cheese [used strong Cheddar to give it a good flavour], 100ml olive oil and 100ml single cream.

Preheat oven 180C/gas4                Grease a 900g loaf tin

Beat the eggs. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix together. Next add the oil, cream, flaked tuna, peppers cut into dice and the grated cheese.
Give everything a good mix together.
Pour into the loaf tin and bake for 35mins till golden.


I was very happy with the result. It had a nice crumb and a soft texture, and the tuna and peppers went really well together. The loaf was moist. Phil, notice the tray, found in a vide grenier !

Comments

A slice of this loaf and some salad would make such a good lunch on these warm June days. This is the kind of thing that I've only ever baked (or thought about) when I was in France. That shows just how dumb I am. Deeply jealous of the tray, of course.
Suelle said…
That looks like a lovely textured loaf, and sounds a good combination of flavours too.

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Coconut Slices

My favourite Plum Tart

Galette des Rois with Chocolate and Hazelnuts