Biscoff Cheesecake with a Raspberry Coulis

 Summer at last, or at least for a few days! Raspberries are my favourite summer fruit, so decided to make a cheesecake. I bought a jar of raspberry coulis in Waitrose. This is a baked cheesecake. 

I adore the speculoos flavour of the Biscoff biscuits you get with coffee [and now in a jar], so used these biscuits as the base. 

225g Biscoff biscuits, 3 eggs, 175g caster sugar, a jar of raspberry coulis [or you can make your own by sieving raspberries],75g butter, 675g cream cheese and 1 tspn vanilla extract, a few raspberries to decorate

Preheat oven 180C/gas4            Line a shallow 23cm cake tin with baking paper.

Put the biscuits in a large plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.

Melt the butter and mix with the biscuits. Spoon into the cake tin and flatten with the back of a spoon. Put in the fridge to set.

Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the cheese and beat together with the sugar and vanilla extract.

Spoon it over the biscuit base and bake for 35 mins. Leave to cool then put in the fridge for at least 3 hours.

Gently pour over the raspberry coulis just before serving.



I decided to pipe the coulis over the top as it was quite thick. Rather messy! I was trying to be clever and pipe round the side, but it didn't look good. It tastes delicious, but you could change the type of fruit and do a blackcurrant or redcurrant coulis or even a caramel one. It's very refreshing on a hot day.

Instead of coulis you could use fresh raspberries, adding some to the cheese mixture and decorating the top with them. 


Comments

Raspberries are the ultimate summer fruit. Well, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. And, of course, the biscoff biscuit is a wonderful thing. So this is a very welcome notion on a fine summer day. I've tried piping around the sides of cakes and desserts in the past but I must admit that it often doesn't quite work the way I expect.

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Coconut Slices

My favourite Plum Tart

Galette des Rois with Chocolate and Hazelnuts