Apricot and walnut loaf

Yes, another easy loaf!
I'm now trying to use up the contents of my food cupboard. There were a few dried apricots, sultanas and walnuts left, so this was the perfect recipe.

300g plain flour
21/2 tspn baking powder
11/2 tspn mixed spice
90g diced butter
90g soft brown sugar
200g dried apricots
125g sultanas
90g chopped walnuts
210 ml milk
1 beaten egg

Preheat ovem 180C/350F/gas4

Grease a 900g [2lb] loaf tin

Sift flour, spice and baking powder into a bowl and rub in the butter. Add the sugar, fruit and walnuts and mix together.
Add the milk and egg and mix well.
Put into tin and bake for 45-50 mins till golden. Cool on a wire rack.



                                    I didn't have enough apricots so I also added some dried apple.

Comments

Norm said…
This looks wonderful! I'm enjoying your 'emptying your cupboards' posts - I have to do the same thing every couple of years. It's a bit tedious, but fun too!

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Coconut Slices

Aberffraw cakes

My favourite Plum Tart