Our garden

Thought I'd have a change from baking and post a few photos of our new garden. It's a pocket handkerchief size, so haven't much room. The first thing we did was to buy a good aluminium lean-to greenhouse, so we could grow some veg. We're growing tomatoes and French beans in bags.


The beans are doing well - have lots of flowers.


We bought 4 different tomato plants, and the cherry ones seem to be ahead atm.


I grew some 'Little Gem' lettuces from seed and have planted a few in between the tomatoes.



We brought some of our plants in pots back from France with us. This rose is lovely - it has a strong perfume. Have lost its label so can't remember its name! It was given to us, in a large pot, by our neighbours. They all arrived smiling, with one pushing a wheel barrow containing the rose and several boxes of wine bottles! What lovely people, and we miss them.


This shrub was growing in the garden and I've trying to find out what it is. Now that it's got flowers, I think it's a deutzia.


We also inherited this climbing rose, which I thought was a wild one, but it's covered in flowers.







Comments

We only have a small yard and lean-to greenhouse too. My husband loves being in there.
Your Rose is beautiful!
Your beans are looking more promising than mine. I think mine are in danger of being washed away in all the heavy rain we've been having since we were told there was a drought. Really envious of that climbing rose.

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Coconut Slices

My favourite Plum Tart

Galette des Rois with Chocolate and Hazelnuts