Oaty banana muffins


Is it just me, or do bananas ripen more quickly nowadays? I always seen to have a few overripe ones in the fruit bowl. Then, what do do with them? Have made banana muffins before, but not with oats and walnuts.
They're not as 'cakey' tasting as my normal muffin recipe,but are substantial and great with a cuppa! They'd be good for breakfast too.
The recipes makes 12 muffins.
100g oats
200g plain flour
11/2 tspn baking powder
cinnamon to taste [opt]
1 tson bicarb. of soda
little salt
100g light brown sugar
4 ripe bananas
1 large beaten egg
60g melted butter or oil [I used rapeseed]
75g chopped walnuts
Preheat oven 180C/gas4
Grease a 12 hole muffin tin, or line with paper cases.
Put the flour, oats, baking powder, bicarb., salt and sugar in a bowl and mix together. I then mixed in a tbspn of cinnamon as I love it!
Mash up the bananas in another bowl and add the egg, butter or oil and the walnuts. Mix this together and add to the dry ingredients. Mix together gently - don't overmix or the muffins will be hard.
Spoon into the muffin cases and bake for 20-25 mins. Cool on a wire rack.

Comments

Norm said…
Oh I quite agree Snowy, bananas seem to ripen in the blink of an eye! It was only the other day that I bought a large bunch of very green 'pisang' (as they're called over here!) and already they're patched with black. Thank heavens Rob liked over-ripe bananas because I really don't. It's always useful to have a collection of baking recipes in which to use them, so thanks for this one, they look lovely!
Lynn said…
I'll have to go get some bananas now as I'm sure these'll go down very well in lunchboxes

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Coconut Slices

My favourite Plum Tart

Galette des Rois with Chocolate and Hazelnuts