Candy Cane Brownies

I made these for a children's party, having been given the recipe to try. I buy candy canes every Christmas, and then always have some left over, so this is a good use for them.

You need:
125g butter
75g chocolate of your choice, milk or plain
200g caster sugar
2 eggs
1 tspn vanilla extract
75g chopped nuts
3 candy canes - chopped

Preheat oven 150C/gas2                        Grease a 20x24cm cake tin

Melt the chocolate and butter over simmering heat. Don't let the mixture boil or the chocolate will be grainy.
Take pan off the heat and add the sugar, mixing quickly.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating between each.
Spoon in the flour, half at a time, beating well, then add the vanilla and nuts. Mix together well.
Spoon the batter into the tin and sprinkle over the chopped candy canes.
Bake for 20 mins.



I love this plate - I found it in a charity shop.
The children loved them, but were only allowed one each. They could be cut smaller, into bite-sized pieces. I like nuts in a brownie - gives a bit more texture - and the topping was sweet, but for an occasional treat they are great.

Comments

Suelle said…
They look very festive - very appealing to children, but I'm not sure I'd trust the strength of my teeth with candy canes, unfortunately!
Snowy said…
I think I agree with you, Suelle!
These are great fun and definitely ideal for kids (and maybe me). I didn't even know it was possible to buy candy canes in this country. I obviously don't buy enough sweeties these days.
Snowy said…
Most supermarkets sell them, Phil 😊

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Coconut Slices

My favourite Plum Tart

Galette des Rois with Chocolate and Hazelnuts