Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies

I like brownies, and my friend gave me this recipe which is a bit different from your usual one. It has cream cheese added to the batter.

Preheat oven 180C/gas4               Grease and line a 18x24cm tin

Put 125g butter, 125g dark chocolate and 200g light brown sugar in a pan; stir over medium heat till melted. Take pan off the heat and beat in 3 eggs.
Add 50g sr flour, 50g cocoa and stir into the mixture.
Pour into the tin.
Beat 200g cream cheese [use full fat not low fat] with 50g icing sugar till smooth. Spoon into the batter then swirl with the tip of a knife to get a marbled effect.
Bake the brownies for 35-40 mins.


I liked these - you get the taste of the traditional brownie with the added texture of a cheesecake. They mix together well. Do I prefer it to the normal brownie - no, I don't think so, but it makes a change! I thought cooking them for so long would make them hard, but the crumb was moist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Coconut Slices

Aberffraw cakes

My favourite Plum Tart