Sadly after being absent on here for several months I have decided this will be my last post. I’ve enjoyed posting, but life moves on. Thank you for reading them. Easter Bunnies 100g caster sugar, 100 g butter, 1 egg separated, 225g plain flour, 1/2tspn of ginger and 1/2 tspn cinnamon, 50g currants(opt) and 3 tbspn milk Icing - 450g royal icing, food colouring You need: Baking tray and Easter themed cutters Cream butter and sugar till fluffy. Add flour, spices and currants. Mix together. Add enough milk to make a stiff dough. Roll out on floured surface then cut out. Put on a greased baking tray. Bake at 170C/gas 3 for 15 mins, remove from oven, brush with egg white and sprinkle with sugar. Put back in the oven and bake for a further 5-10mins If wanted, add colouring of choice to the royal icing sugar and pipe. Photo is from a friend’s blog, with her permission, just to show what I mean
These were mentioned recently on the GBBO, so I thought I'd find out more about them. They're made on the Isle of Anglesey and are a traditional biscuit really, not a cake. They're served sprinkled with sugar and even with cream and jam, like a scone. The bit I liked was that a scallop shell is pressed into the top to give it a shell-like pattern. Nowadays, a lot of the Aberffraw cakes have the pattern put on with a knife. I have a bag of scallop shells, brought back from France so I used a genuine one to make my pattern. The recipe is a 3.2.1 - quite common for biscuits. This means 3 parts flour to 2 parts fat to 1 part sugar. 175g flour 110g butter 55g caster sugar a little milk more caster sugar for sprinkling over Preheat oven 190C/gas5. Grease a baking sheet. I used a processor to make my dough. Put flour and sugar in a bowl and rub in the butter. Bind together with a litle milk to make a soft dough. Roll out and cut out circles. I used a 7cm cutter an...
We had some of the family yesterday, and as my dil is a chocoholic, I thought I'd make these. The recipe has been adapted from a French cookery book that my penfriend gave me years ago, but which has languished at the back of the shelf ! The book has some other great tarts to try, so will be posting more recipes. It's called simply 'Les tartes' but I can't find an author. The recipe makes 8 tartlets. 250g shortcrust pastry [your own or bought] 175g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 2-3 tbspn water 1 tbspn butter - softened 1 tbspn cognac or cointreau [opt!] 3 eggs, separated chocolate shavings or grated chocolate to decorate Preheat oven 200C/gas6 Roll out the pastry and line eight 10cm tartlet moulds. Then put them in the fridge for about 15 mins. Line them with parchment and fill with beans and bake them 15mins; take out the beans and paper and cook them for another 5 mins; leave to cool. Melt the chocolate over a bowl of hot water or in ...
Comments