Lemon yoghurt cake

Inspired by my friend Lynn on http://www.lynnscookingblog.com/ I decided to make a cake. This is a recipe from my Mum's handwritten notebook and is in ounces.

Here's the recipe:

4oz butter
6oz caster sugar
3 eggs
finely grated lemon zest
6floz natural yoghurt
8oz sr flour
2oz chopped dried apricots

preheat oven 325F/160C.gas 3
grease a 2 lb loaf tin

Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time and beat well between each.
Gently fold in the lemon zest, flour and apricots.
Spoon into the tin and bake for about 35 - 40 mins rill golden.
Cool on a wire rack.

This is delicious with a yoghurt topping - mix 1 tbspn natural yoghurt with 3 oz icing sugar. Spread over top of cake when cold and sprinkle with some more grated lemon rind.
I found this icing very thin and it ran down the sides of the cake. Think I'd use more icing sugar next time.

Talking of icing sugar, this is my French icing sugar. I love the container. They make a special container every January for the New Year. This is just the normal one.


Here's the mixture ready to be cooked.




The top of the cake cracked because my oven is useless! I've got a thermometer in it, but even when it's the required temperature things burn!


Now all we have to do is eat it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
:-))))

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Coconut Slices

My favourite Plum Tart

Galette des Rois with Chocolate and Hazelnuts