White chocolate and rhubarb muffins


At long last our rhubarb plants in the garden have got their act together and produced a decent amount of fruit. I made a crumble and a cake, both of which I put in the freezer, and wanted to use up the last pieces. This is my dil's favourite muffin recipe - not with rhubarb and chocolate, but she loves blueberries and raspberries. I found the addition of Greek yoghurt rather unusual, as I usually use milk.
I was going to just make rhubarb muffins, then found I had some white chocolate to use up; it's a good combination.


80g butter
150g sugar
1 tspn vanilla extract
2 large eggs, beaten
100ml Greek yoghurt
225g flour + 1 tspn baking powder
400g rhubarb chopped into small pieces
150g white chocolate, chopped

Preheat oven 200C/gas6
Filla 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases

Beat butter and sugar together.
Add the beaten eggs, vanilla extract and yoghurt and gently combine.
Fold in the flour and then add the rhubarb and chocolate. Blend together thoroughly, but don't overmix.
Spoon into the paper cases and bake for about 20 mins.





A change from my usual recipe with oil. The Greek yoghurt makes them moist, and the muffins have a good texture, with a good contrast between the chunks of chocolate and the soft pieces of rhubarb. They're quite sweet, but this is balanced by the tartness of the rhubarb. I'll certainly make these again.


Comments

Jean said…
They look and sound delicious. I like using yoghurt in cakes and muffins so I will give this recipe a try.

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Coconut Slices

Aberffraw cakes

My favourite Plum Tart