Lemon Bundt Cake

  • I love using my bundt tin, but don't do so very often. I had several lemons to use up so decided to make a lemon cake in this tin. It's easy to do and doesn't need any icing or decoration - not too much work!
  • You need 170g plain flour, 2 tspn baking powder, 170g butter, 120g light brown sugar, 3 eggs, the juice of 1 lemon and the zest of 2 lemons, icing sugar if you want to sprinkle it over the top.
  • Preheat oven 180C/gas4
  • Spray a bundt tin with Cake Release or something similar
Beat the butter with the sugar to get a nice creamy mixture.

Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each one.

Add the flour plus baking powder and the lemon juice and zest and beat together.

Spoon into the tin and bake for about 45 mins.

Cool in the tin for 10 mins then finish cooling on a wire rack.

If you want, sprinkle some icing sugar over the top.



  • A nice lemony cake with a good soft texture. You could ice it with lemon glacé icing, but I think it's such a pretty shape that it doesn't need any icing. You certainly get a good sized piece of cake in a slice!

Comments

That's nice and simple and nice and lemony too. Looks really good too. I'm not even to sure where my bundt tin is these days.

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Coconut Slices

My favourite Plum Tart

Galette des Rois with Chocolate and Hazelnuts