Peach and Semolina Bake

 


I had to repost this as my computer went a bit haywire! Sorry if your comment has disappeared!

I was  looking for something in my tins cupboard when I found a large tin of peaches hidden at the back. I remembered a recipe that my friend used to make so decided to make it. It’s an unusual recipe in that it uses semolina and crème fraîche , and is cooked on top of the cooker.

You need:                                                          traybake tin

large tin of peaches in syrup, 

250ml syrup from the tin, 

250ml milk

,100g crème fraîche

  75g semolina

 mint sprigs to decorate

 

Drain the peaches and keep 250ml of the syrup. Cut the peaches into 1/4s.

Heat the milk and syrup in a pan till boiling then add the semolina and cook on gentle heat for 15mins, stirring all the time.

Whip the crème fraîche till thick then add to the pan. Mix together gently. Stir in the peach slices.

Grease the cake tin then pour in the mixture. leave to cool then put into the fridge to set.

 Unmould onto a plate and decorate with sprigs of mint.


Gâteau de semoule aux pêches

 The cake has a lovely soft texture with the juicy pieces of peach. Will try it with pears or maybe plums. Would make a good dessert too with cream of ice cream.

Comments

For many years I really couldn't imagine ever buying any semolina because it meant I had to relive memories of some truly awful school dinner puddings. I now know how wrong I was and I love the idea of this bake. It's the sort of sweet treat that I'd like to take on a picnic, if it ever stops raining.
Snowy said…
Since I used up my bag from the cupboard, I can't find semolina in the supermarkets!

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Coconut Slices

Aberffraw cakes

My favourite Plum Tart