Courgette and Goat's cheese Loaf

 I thought I'd have a change from cakes and make a savoury recipe.

There's a new greengrocer in town that sells fruit and veg in bowls. I don't know why, but I bought a bowl of courgettes. Have made this recipe many times before, but my son and my neighbour love it. It's a bit of a faff having to grate the courgettes, but my food processor does it for me. Don't grate them too fine or they'll end up like water! Past experience!


You need:
300g goat's cheese, 5 medium courgettes, 3 eggs, 150g flour, 1 tspn baking powder, 2 tbspn vegetable oil, 120ml milk, 100g grated Gruyère cheese, 2 pinches salt.

Preheat oven 200C/gas6                         Grease a 900g loaf tin.
 cheeses, flour and baking powder, oil and milk. Add the courgettes and salt. Mix well and spoon into the tin. 
Bake for about 40 mins then cool on a wire rack.




Sorry, photo is a bit blurred. There's a nice flavour from the goat's cheese and the loaf has a soft crumb. The courgettes don't give it a lot of flavour, but you know they're there. It's good to eat cold with a crisp salad.

Comments

Lovely. It's nice to be reminded of how nice a savoury cake can be. This takes me back to times in France and French home bakers who preferred baking savoury cakes for apero to sweet cakes for afternoon tea.

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Coconut Slices

Aberffraw cakes

My favourite Plum Tart